New York Mustang Club

New York Mustangs - Forums » Mustang Specific Tech » Modular Mustangs » 2015+ Mustang (S550) » Bob Lutz On Why the New Ford Mustang Beats the Camaro

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Multimedia NYM

NYM Bob Lutz On Why the New Ford Mustang Beats the Camaro

The new Camaro has been outsold by the Mustang almost every month. What’s holding it back?

David Freedman, Detroit, Michigan

The minute I saw the new Mustang and the new Camaro, I knew Ford had won this round. The Mustang is a design masterpiece: sleek, semi-European, yet still a Mustang. Independent rear suspension or not, it is a winner. The Camaro, an even better car, sinks into quasi-irrelevance. You can’t tell it from the previous one. “The same as before, only smaller” has never been a winning formula in a fashion-conscious segment. The current Camaro, although fabulous, missed the mark. Ford has a nice rear-drive, independent-rear-suspension platform for the Mustang. Why not leverage that, like GM does, and make a sweet family of sedans? I could see an entry-level, high-performance Lincoln in there also.**TAKEN FROM R&Tmagazine** Bob Lutz......"The world's most outspoken car guy on pony cars and restomods."
Attached Thumbnails
Bob Lutz On Why the New Ford Mustang Beats the Camaro-2018-mustang-gtlutz-1501872089.jpg  

Last edited by ROUSH 4; 2 Days Ago at 12:35 PM.
ROUSH 4 is online now   Reply With Quote