New York Mustang Club

Old 09-13-2016   #1

Liked: 307 times
Monroe50's Pictures Monroe50's Garage
Monroe50's latest status update: Has anyone experienced difficulty with their sensors readying themselves to pass...
Default Rim Sizes and Clearence

Hey everyone, I haven't been on for a while, but I'm having trouble with determining what size rims I want to buy soon.

So I have decided to go with Niche Misano rims in Satin Black and I was wondering if anyone here has good knowledge or pictures of what I am looking for...

So for the fronts, I will go with the 20x9 with a 35mm offset

The backs on the other hand are my issue... I would really like to squeeze the 20x10.5 with a 30mm offset in the rear with a nice 305 or 315 tire, but I am worried about rubbing the fender once I lower it. They offer a 20x10 with a 40mm offset which would be the more common size to find on the internet. I really like the look of the deep concave rear rim so the 20x10.5 appeals to me alot.

So my question is, has anyone here run a 20x10.5 with a 30mm offset on their 11-14?

2012 GT Premium
Corsa Xtremes Axleback, Airaid Race CAI,Bama 93 Race Tune, Lethal Performance X-Pipe, LTH Over Axle Pipes, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, KONI Shocks/Struts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
3D Carbon Eleanor Grille, CDC Chin Spoiler, Grabber Blue Rally Stripes, MMD Black Faux Cap Cover, Black fender badges, Piano Black Forgestar F14, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights wheels
Monroe50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016   #2

Liked: 14 times
Beviking's Pictures Beviking's Garage
Default Re: Rim Sizes and Clearence

Any luck Monroe? I'm looking at 20X10 with a +42 that LMR says will fit a 305 wheel ok, provided drop isn't too much.
There are offset/backspace calculators online that will give you measurement differences and visual too like Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit
Good starting place, then you can get under the car and take some measurements, throw a few buddies in the trunk to simulate hitting a bump and re-measure to give you a darn good idea of how much clearance you currently have.
'12GT Premium, Roush TVS & BAP, VMP Elbow, 67MM TB, 82mm pulley, JLT CAI & Catch Can, Cervini Hood, Eiback Sport Springs, suspension mods, Diff Bushing, Axle Catch Can, 3.73, Shaftmasters DS, MGW, BG Syncrp II, Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket & Safety Loop, MBRP 3" H pipe, Borla 3" Touring Pipes/Axlebacks, BlackCat Gauge Face, Boss Lower Fascia, High Flow GT Grill Insert
Beviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016   #3

Liked: 856 times
ANGIE 06's Pictures
ANGIE 06's latest status update: Passed NYS Inspection Today ! 304 miles this year, now detail and park till next year .
Default Re: Rim Sizes and Clearence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beviking View Post
Any luck Monroe? I'm looking at 20X10 with a +42 that LMR says will fit a 305 wheel ok, provided drop isn't too much.
There are offset/backspace calculators online that will give you measurement differences and visual too like Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit
Good starting place, then you can get under the car and take some measurements, throw a few buddies in the trunk to simulate hitting a bump and re-measure to give you a darn good idea of how much clearance you currently have.
What he said !