New York Mustang Club

Old 09-07-2018   #1
Baz

Liked: 205 times
Baz's Pictures Baz's Garage
Baz's latest status update: HAHA once again this dumb car lets me down, this time start the car to hear an awkward...
Default Power window sbj fuse issue

So run into a slight electrical gremlin.

Recently installed a new head unit into my 07 Mustang, old one was a shaker 500 replaced it with a Seicane unit.
They provided a plug and play harness.

after install everything worked fine, aside from the power windows and mirrors. SBJ fuse #6 was blown out while #4 was fine, later I found at the fuse box #4 4 was also blown out, I replaced all 3 just in case so mt mirrors work now but windows still blow out the fuse. Everything else is working fine, all lights, locks.

Any ideas why it would keep blowing out?

Always breaking 2007 Mustang V6 Pony Pkg Auto - FRPP CAI, AirAid Throttlebody Spacer, Raxiom 2013 style LED Taillights, 18" wheels GT500, MAC Ceramic shorty Headers, Pypes mid-muffler dual, Auburn 7.5 LSD, Steeda springs Struts PanHardbar upper/lower rear control arms, GT500 Shock mount & Front Control arms.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018   #2
Baz

Baz's latest status update: HAHA once again this dumb car lets me down, this time start the car to hear an awkward...
Default Re: Power window sbj fuse issue

So an update, was driving overnight to see my dad in PA, car started ran for a bit with no issues, noticed the lights in the door switches are out as well as the head unit lights. I guess luckily before going through the tunnel car kicks a check charging system message and notice the voltmeter dropping like my gas gauge. was able to get a system reading of 11.6V and slowly dropping. Got really lucky and was able to get it home, even though I had to cut out my headlights at red lights and long stops. Gonna try pulling the head unit since pretty much looks like that head unit started all this hoping taking it out solves it...

Always breaking 2007 Mustang V6 Pony Pkg Auto - FRPP CAI, AirAid Throttlebody Spacer, Raxiom 2013 style LED Taillights, 18" wheels GT500, MAC Ceramic shorty Headers, Pypes mid-muffler dual, Auburn 7.5 LSD, Steeda springs Struts PanHardbar upper/lower rear control arms, GT500 Shock mount & Front Control arms.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
Baz

Ok new update, think all of these headaches are from crap quality Ford alternator, it was actually the second one I had. I got a brand new one, the old one was replaced under warranty with a re-manufactured alternator. I got a new one from DB electrical decent price, but the build quality is night and day, install after a bit of yelling and kick the car went pretty easy, and this new alternator is powering up nicely, even got that radio in and my window fuse hasn't blown. But hey just my luck as I think one of those funny defects in the cars design finally hit me in the form of that gas tank gremlin...

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Liked: 424 times
adkmach1's Pictures adkmach1's Garage
adkmach1's latest status update: Is there anyone here any more. It once was a great site now it's dead. What happen?

I feel your pain I hate that one thing goes and then other. Good luck to you.
adkmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote