New York Mustang Club

New York Mustangs - Forums » Mustang Specific Tech » 5.0 Mustangs » Power to Maual Window Conversion?

Old 04-18-2013   #1

Liked: 30 times
HartleRacing's latest status update: Been out of the scene for 4 years. Picking up a foxbody or 96-98 very soon. Time to...
Default Power to Maual Window Conversion?

has anyone ever converted your Foxbody door windows from power to manual? i am looking to install the Scott Fab aluminum door panels but they dont work with power windows so a conversion is needed. any suggestions? doing the conversion to clean up the inside of the car a bit.
HartleRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #2

Liked: 424 times
adkmach1's Pictures adkmach1's Garage
adkmach1's latest status update: Is there anyone here any more. It once was a great site now it's dead. What happen?
Default Re: Power to Maual Window Conversion?

I know that people who have street rods use a small switch to use on their power windows. They mount them on the door or under the dash. I'm sure you could do something like that.
adkmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013   #3

HartleRacing's latest status update: Been out of the scene for 4 years. Picking up a foxbody or 96-98 very soon. Time to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkmach1 View Post
I know that people who have street rods use a small switch to use on their power windows. They mount them on the door or under the dash. I'm sure you could do something like that.
so just mount like a toggle switch and run the wires too it? maybe ill get one of the Nitrous control panels that mount in the ash tray and run the toggle switches for the windows off that. ill do some research on it and ill post pictures on the route i decide to go with
Old 04-19-2013   #4

Liked: 4 times
NYM Trader: 2
64Fatblock's latest status update: turbo'd

All you need is the manual crank mechanism and bolt it in. I have a set of tracks and windows from a manual car. However power windows are nice to have and I would keep them.
Old 04-20-2013   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Fatblock View Post
All you need is the manual crank mechanism and bolt it in. I have a set of tracks and windows from a manual car. However power windows are nice to have and I would keep them.
i do like power windows, but i also like the clean simplistic look of crank windows. that and it will drop a ton of weight to delete unneeded stuff (power windows, rear seats, etc)