New York Mustang Club

New York Mustangs - Forums » General Talk » Clubhouse » I need your opinions

Old 03-21-2010   #1

Liked: 127 times
BAzombie's Pictures BAzombie's Garage
BAzombie's latest status update: In search for a set of 4.10's for an 8.8 that's going into my Jeep. Will buy or trade...
Default I need your opinions

I have a dilemma and my gf says I'd be stupid to say anything until after I get all my parts. I, on the other hand, have always said whatever I felt needed to be said, good or bad.

I was planning on posting the following statement on http://www.modularmustangracing.com/ 's forums.

Quote:
Quote:
Are we that expendable?
Sorry MMR, but I'm a little disappointed. All I want are my tracking #'s.

I ordered parts on Wed (3/10). I couldn't find any info on how long your orders take to be processed & shipped. So I called on Fri (3/12) to inquire on my order status. I was told it would probably ship around the middle of next week. I'm thinking great, 1 week isn't terrible for what I ordered.

Well, Wed (3/17) rolls around and there's no update on my order status. So I called again. This time I am told that the heads are being machined as we speak and should ship by the end of the week. I was also told that you would ship the rest of my order (intake, timing set, tuner, and gaskets) that day. Again I'm thinking great. I can't start my project until the heads arrive but I'll get half of my order and can start getting everything ready.

On Fri (3/19) I still had not received tracking #'s, so I called again. This time I felt like I was treated like a pest. What I got was ... "I told you yesterday when your heads would ship and the rest of your order went out that day". I reminded him that it was on Wed and that I never received tracking #'s, thus the reason for the call. Your employee basically laughed, stating ... "I wish I had time to send out tracking #'s, do you know how busy we are?". To his credit he did say he would try to get ahold of someone to send me tracking #'s, and to call him on Tues or Wed for tracking #'s for the heads.

Now here it is Sun (3/21). I still have no tracking #'s, nothing has been delivered yet, and there has been no change in my order history on your site. It still says the same thing that it did on 3/10 ... pending shipment.

ALL I'M ASKING FOR ARE TRACKING #'S. Is that too much ?

I really don't need some delinquent stealing $2600 worth of parts off my front steps because I have no clue what day they will arrive !!!

CAN ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME TRACKING #'S.

I hope this was just a fluke and I didn't choose the wrong company to do business with. I had planned on finishing my build with a forged, stroked short block after this summer. Now I'm having 2nd thoughts. You haven't lost me as a customer yet, but you made a bad 1st impression. Simply updating the status of your orders could have saved both of us some grief.

PS ... sorry for the rant. I'm just trying to get this bitter taste out of my mouth.

What is your opinion?

R.I.P my love

Last edited by BAzombie; 03-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
BAzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #2
Northern NY Regional Coordinator

Liked: 284 times
NYM Trader: 3
TBapp3's Pictures TBapp3's Garage
TBapp3's latest status update: Hello nym long time!
Default Re: I need your opinions

Seems pretty straight up and I dont see what they could be made at you for!
I wish you some good luck with the situation!

-Having a 10 second neon is like coming out of the closet... everyone is shocked at first, but in the end, you're still gay-
TBapp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #3

BAzombie's latest status update: In search for a set of 4.10's for an 8.8 that's going into my Jeep. Will buy or trade...

Their forums are not overly active. I'll probably have my parts before I get a reply.

Then again, they might just delete the thread.

R.I.P my love
Old 03-21-2010   #4
Clubhouse Moderator

Liked: 283 times
NYM Trader: 3
1990_LX's Garage
1990_LX's latest status update: Insured the 5.0, just have to go to DMV and register her. Then it's time for some good...

Your not doing anything wrong...they are for apperently not knowing how to treat customers!
-2000 Exploder 5.0 AWD - Magnaflow Exhaust, CAI, 0.0000004 MPGs (DD)
1990_LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #5

Liked: 488 times
AdirondackFox08's Pictures AdirondackFox08's Garage
AdirondackFox08's latest status update: Woohoo! Kevin Harvick and the #4 team won the race and the championship!!! What a great...

I don't see why they haven't shipped everything but the heads yet. Unless they want to ship it all at one time. They can't give you tracking numbers yet if they're still screwing around with the parts though. I would definitely be displeased, can you talk to their manager? I had a problem before with getting headlights, this guy messed up more order like three times and then he was fired. I finally got to talk to the manager and he straightened everything out for me and I had them in a week.
AdirondackFox08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #6
NYM Sig Master

Liked: 11 times
97NYstanGT's Pictures
97NYstanGT's latest status update: a rice killer

don't understand why it takes them so long, it's a respectable company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
im not a fan of anything over 18
97NYstanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #7

When they told me that they'd ship half the order, he said everything was in separate boxes anyways so they would ship everything but the heads.

Honestly, I think they were just waiting for the heads to ship everything at once, which is fine. I think they shipped (if they did) the balance of my order because I kept checking on it.

What got my goat was Friday when he laughed and said they were too busy to send out tracking #. I have never ordered anything on-line and didn't automatically receive an email with tracking #'s as soon as it shipped.

R.I.P my love
Old 03-21-2010   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97NYstanGT View Post
don't understand why it takes them so long, it's a respectable company
They machine everything too order.

Depending on the stage of porting, springs & valves to be used, cams, valve facing, etc.

R.I.P my love
Old 03-21-2010   #9

booby's Pictures booby's Garage
booby's latest status update: feels good to be back

busy doing what?? if they arent helping a paying customer then wtf are they doing.

they most deff lost a customer here...i was looking into getting heads myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpwr46 View Post
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains LONG After the Sweetness of Low Cost Disappears.
booby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #10

I checked MMR's forums this morning before work, my post had 5 views. So atleast 5 of their customers seen it.

I just checked when I got home. My post was kinda deleted.

It's now...

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/....php?f=3&t=857

Best part is their reply has them replying to my origional title.

R.I.P my love
Old 03-22-2010   #11
Member Plus / One of the first

Liked: 79 times
NYM Trader: 5
Ghostly Echo's Pictures Ghostly Echo's Garage
Ghostly Echo's latest status update: Looking for hennessy drinkers

wish u would have let me known you where ordering from them my friend is best buds with the owner

or maybe a 2017 undecided
Ghostly Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #12

Liked: 3 times
d-nice's Pictures d-nice's Garage

I work for a company that sells merchandise over the internet and most, if not all of the items are of high value. Giving an online company a bunch of money and not being able to go there face to face, is hard for people to do. We as a company try to make our customers feel as if they have nothing to worry about when they place there order and when it comes time to ship the finished item out. We do go above and beyond what is necessary to make our customers happy, make them want to do business with us again and maybe recommend us to their friends. If there is a problem or delay we are 100% honest with them and let them know when to expect the finished product. My suggestion is to call and talk to someone that is a supervisor or the owner if possible and get an answer. If its not too late, tell them you may want to cancel part or all of you order and see what they say. Its not like you are spending $10 there. They should be more appreciative of you business, especially in these times. Who cares how busy they are, the customers are the most important and without them, that company is out of business.

d-nice is offline   Reply With Quote