New York Mustang Club

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hades
  • 1 Post By NYstang
  • 1 Post By Hades

Old 1 Week Ago   #1

Liked: 5 times
Hades's Pictures
Hades's latest status update: id appreciate any assistance on my most recent post !
Default Loud noise

Hey guys so my 2009 v6 is making this loud noise somewhat like a clicking but not the kind you get when yoir low on oil. Taking a look around i see in my oil cap this thing that can be moved rubbing against my chain is this the issue ? And what is this ? Please ill take all educated guesses. I have no codes and I idle fine.
Posted via NYM Mobile

Last edited by Hades; 1 Week Ago at 03:36 AM.
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2

Hades's Pictures
Hades's latest status update: id appreciate any assistance on my most recent post !
Default Re: Loud noise

Pictures weren't up before now there up thanks.
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Multimedia NYM

Take the Mustang into a reliable shop for a diagnostic. From what you described it could be a minor or major issue. Sorry i could not be of more help.
Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Hades's Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUSH 4 View Post
Take the Mustang into a reliable shop for a diagnostic. From what you described it could be a minor or major issue. Sorry i could not be of more help.
Thanks thats looking like what im gonna have to do just gotta get my car towed from my job. I think we can agree its not best to drive.
Posted via NYM Mobile
ROUSH 4 likes this.
Old 1 Week Ago   #5

Liked: 415 times
NYM Trader: 1
NYstang's Pictures NYstang's Garage
NYstang's latest status update: Anybody know of a decent trans shop?­ Trying to figure out if I should pay for a...

It looks like a shield or part of the tensioner came loose and moved to interfere with the chain.

I really have no idea with the SOHC engines- Id agree with the above, have a shop diagnose it. They may be able to tell just looking at it like you did.
ROUSH 4 likes this.
NYstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6

Hades's Pictures

Hey guys if an admin can close this thread feel free too. I took it to my mechanic and ended up getting a new engine. Apparently the guide to my timing chain wasnt getting enough oil and dried out then broke off inside.
Posted via NYM Mobile
ROUSH 4 likes this.
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Multimedia NYM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Hey guys if an admin can close this thread feel free too. I took it to my mechanic and ended up getting a new engine. Apparently the guide to my timing chain wasnt getting enough oil and dried out then broke off inside.
Posted via NYM Mobile
You can close the tread by using the thread tools at the top. Glad your problem has been resolved.
Old 6 Days Ago   #8

Liked: 124 times
mustangted's Pictures
mustangted's latest status update: not sure why I brother coming here, 99 prevent of posts have norhing to do with mustanfs

how many miles on the car?
mustangted is offline   Reply With Quote