| || | Re: Follow Up to MineralGray02's LED Instrument panel lights. How to make them ANY co
Originally Posted by Kmoran81
After reading MineralGray02's write up on his cobras instrument panel waterproof led lighting strips
I decided I wanted to do it. But I had 1 problem: The color scheme of my car is Red and Matte black. So I followed his instructions, but after I got the panel out, I did this:
1. Mark where the needles are located, then Carefully pull them off the gauges.
2. After theyre off, carefully pull the guage face off of the cluster. (Its held on by some spray adhesive. Just pull carefully)
3. Pop out the tach and speedo stops (4 of them)
4. The back of the gauge face piece has a greenish type paint on it that makes it illuminate green. Take a razor blade and spend the next 2 hours of your life scraping that green paint off the piece.
5. After that green paint is scraped off, wash the piece with some "slick off" or what the sophisticated people call "adhesive remover"
6. Place the piece back on the gauge panel (you dont have to reglue it because the screws hold it in place.)
7. Put the stops for speedo & tach back on, as well as the needles
8. Now your gauges will be clear instead of green. Purchase the color waterproof led dimmer
of your choice from the website MineralGray02 mentioned. (I got the same ones he did, only in Red. WLEDx5)
9. Follow his intructions for gauge replacement.
10. Now you have any color gauges you want.
I havent got my Red 12volt led dimmer
yet in the mail. I will post some pics of it installed when they get here.
Theyve got some pretty cool colors to chose from so be creative!