New York Mustang Club

New York Mustangs - Forums » Mustang Specific Tech » Modular Mustangs » 2015+ Mustang (S550) » Ford To Prune Its North American Car Lineup, Axe The Fiesta, Fusion, Taurus, And Most

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
NYM DRIVE IN THEATRE

Liked: 6794 times
NYM Trader: 1
ROUSH 4's Pictures
ROUSH 4's latest status update: I will be heading over to my dealership on Monday to take delivery of my 2018 Ecoboost...
NYM Ford To Prune Its North American Car Lineup, Axe The Fiesta, Fusion, Taurus, And Most

Mustang will remain in the line up.................... "Elimination of car models announced by Ford. "Hot on the heels of a report that Ford Motor Company was deliberating whether to continue offering Ford Fiesta, Focus, and Fusion in the US market, the automaker today formally announced that it will “not invest in next generations of traditional Ford sedans for North America.” In short, over the next couple of years, Ford will prune its US car lineup drastically, eliminating the Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus, while the Focus range will be reduced to just a single model: the crossover-inspired Ford Focus Active.

Ford says it will explore “new ‘white space’ vehicle silhouettes” – or new opportunities to replicate what its Active models achieve, by combining attributes of cars and utility vehicles to offer a higher ride height, more space, and better versatility in a car-like package.

Ford says its decision to axe the bulk of its North American car lineup is rooted in the declining demand and profitability of such vehicles. The Ford Mustang will remain in the portfolio as a sporty halo vehicle, and a Focus Active based on the new, fourth-generation compact car will be brought in as a sort of “crossover lite,” but there will be no replacement for the sixth-generation Fiesta, the second-generation Fusion, or the sixth-generation Taurus.“The entire team is focused on improving the operational fitness of our business, as well as meeting and exceeding our accelerated 2020 target of 8 percent margin and ROIC in the high teens,” Ford Chief Financial Officer Bob Shanks said in a release. The automaker’s earnings through the first quarter of 2018 are “in line with expectations and consistent with our outlook for the full year, but we know we can, and must, do better.”

Ford earlier this month unveiled an all-new version of the Focus compact car aimed at the European and Asian markets. Previously, it was planned that North America would import the car from China starting with the 2020 model year, with certain, special models like the ST and RS being shipped in from Europe. ****Taken from Ford Authority ****

Last edited by ROUSH 4; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:12 PM.
ROUSH 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

Liked: 1290 times
marguerite66's Pictures marguerite66's Garage
marguerite66's latest status update: BYE FORD! Been a nice run. :wave:
Default Re: Ford To Prune Its North American Car Lineup, Axe The Fiesta, Fusion, Taurus, And

Ridiculous. Not everyone wants a SUV or truck or cross over. Watch the Mustang will be next. My Taurus is the best car I've ever had, was even thinking of getting a new one. I think I'll be looking to the foreign market for my next DD. Bye Ford.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3

Liked: 242 times
mustangfan's Pictures
mustangfan's latest status update: wow this site use to be rocking. Where did everyone go?­ I love cruising around with...
Default Re: Ford To Prune Its North American Car Lineup, Axe The Fiesta, Fusion, Taurus, And

dd have always been imports. Look around most people who own and park their sports cars for winter have either suv or import.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
NYM DRIVE IN THEATRE

ROUSH 4's Pictures
ROUSH 4's latest status update: I will be heading over to my dealership on Monday to take delivery of my 2018 Ecoboost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marguerite66 View Post
Ridiculous. Not everyone wants a SUV or truck or cross over. Watch the Mustang will be next. My Taurus is the best car I've ever had, was even thinking of getting a new one. I think I'll be looking to the foreign market for my next DD. Bye Ford.
This hit yesterday. They have made their direction clear. What will happen to Ford Performance, the SVT division in the long run. ? The new GT 500 is soon to be released. What type of Mustang will be produced eventually , also remains to be seen. Ford has stated that it wants to be a transportation company , not just a car manufacturer. I think they are trying to get ahead of the curve.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5

Liked: 1290 times
marguerite66's Pictures marguerite66's Garage
marguerite66's latest status update: BYE FORD! Been a nice run. :wave:

Too many unknowns Stu. What I envision though is a lot more Mustangs out on the roads and not in a good way. These won't be enthusiasts, just people boxed into a choice. There won't be much special about owning a Mustang unless you have a special edition or older model. You'll see some crappy looking neglected ones riding around. I don't expect it much in the Northeast due to the feasibility with winters and needing 2 cars. I think Northeast will still be mostly enthusiasts, but down South where you already see a ton of Mustangs, they will be everywhere. The good news is that the Mustang probably won't get axed due to sales increasing because there are less buying options.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
NYM DRIVE IN THEATRE

ROUSH 4's Pictures

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
NYM DRIVE IN THEATRE

ROUSH 4's Pictures

Bump