New York Mustang Club

New York Mustangs - Forums » Mustang Specific Tech » Modular Mustangs » 2005 - 2010 » Brembo brakes hubcentric spacers??

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By On Edge
  • 1 Post By Matt@RealSpeed

Old 03-25-2015   #1

05GTNYYNYG's Pictures 05GTNYYNYG's Garage
05GTNYYNYG's latest status update: i wish i could close my eyes for 24hrs
Default Brembo brakes hubcentric spacers??

So I recently picked up a set of Gt500 front brakes(Brembo) that were a take off from a friend of mine but the calipers do not fit inside the wheel (20x8.5 american racing torque thrust M) has anyone used a 25mm hubcentric adapter to achieve fit in an application like this?
It would put me at the fitment limit of 20x9.5 but i havent seen to many write ups on this, any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2015   #2

Liked: 1019 times
NYM Trader: 8
On Edge's latest status update: Happy New Year everyone !! It's going to be a great year !!
Default Re: Brembo brakes hubcentric spacers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTNYYNYG View Post
So I recently picked up a set of Gt500 front brakes(Brembo) that were a take off from a friend of mine but the calipers do not fit inside the wheel (20x8.5 american racing torque thrust M) has anyone used a 25mm hubcentric adapter to achieve fit in an application like this?
It would put me at the fitment limit of 20x9.5 but i havent seen to many write ups on this, any advice would be appreciated.
I ran into a similiar problem.
25mm spacers for the front might be alot, causing the font set up to stick out too far, and not looking good.
As a mock up, go to the hardware store and buy nuts that can fit over your lug nuts. This will act as a spacer ( probably about 3/4" )
If you want to get to 1", then add some washers.
By doing this you will see exactly what size hub centric spacers you need to buy.
They come in 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, etc ...
ROUSH 4 and FangStang like this.
Old 03-25-2015   #3

Liked: 124 times
mustangted's Pictures
mustangted's latest status update: not sure why I brother coming here, 99 prevent of posts have norhing to do with mustanfs

I doubt the studs are longer enough for a 25mm spacer
mustangted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015   #4

Liked: 124 times
mustangted's Pictures
mustangted's latest status update: not sure why I brother coming here, 99 prevent of posts have norhing to do with mustanfs

which is basicly 1 inch
mustangted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Edge View Post
I ran into a similiar problem.
25mm spacers for the front might be alot, causing the font set up to stick out too far, and not looking good.
As a mock up, go to the hardware store and buy nuts that can fit over your lug nuts. This will act as a spacer ( probably about 3/4" )
If you want to get to 1", then add some washers.
By doing this you will see exactly what size hub centric spacers you need to buy.
They come in 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, etc ...
this sounds like a plan,im hoping that I can get away with 1/2 or 3/4 because I already run 20x10 in the rear and being flush or more with my drop/stance now will not be attainable (Id have to bring up the front,not a fan of the look)
Old 03-26-2015   #6

On Edge's latest status update: Happy New Year everyone !! It's going to be a great year !!

Like mustangted said,
Always be safe and make sure your studs are long enough for the spacers.
When you add spacers, you are losing the amount of lug threads that your lug nuts are grabbing.
also, when buying longer studs, make sure you buy the right ones for front or rear.
On my car there was a difference.
Old 03-26-2015   #7

Like mustangted said,
Always be safe and make sure your studs are long enough for the spacers.
When you add spacers, you are losing the amount of lug threads that your lug nuts are grabbing.
also, when buying longer lug studs, make sure you buy the right ones for front or rear.
On my car there was a difference.
Old 03-26-2015   #8
Authorized Vendor

Liked: 190 times
Matt@RealSpeed's Pictures
Matt@RealSpeed's latest status update: 2014 GT Getting some love from Vortech today at Realspeed

If your going to go with longer studs give me a call and I can assist you in picking out the correct thread and knurl size.
FangStang likes this.
Old 07-14-2015   #9

So the end of the story was I had to replace the wheels, American racing changed the contour of the spokes and the depth of the hub to accommodate these brakes. FML! it got expensive in a hurry.
Posted via NYM Mobile
05GTNYYNYG is offline   Reply With Quote