New York Mustang Club

New York Mustangs - Forums » Mustang Specific Tech » Classic Mustangs » 64-73 Owners where are you hiding?

Like Tree23Likes

Old 03-04-2009   #1
Classic Mustang Guru

Liked: 192 times
ponyboy289's Pictures
ponyboy289's latest status update: Carlisle was a blast as always.I spent 4 days their and I still didn't have enough time...
Default 64-73 Owners where are you hiding?

I'm new to this site and I figured I'd start a thread to say hello and see if there were any classic Owners lurking ? Let's try to get some activity in this section,what year,bodystyle,etc do you have? What are you working on?
FrankieMustang69 likes this.
Old 03-04-2009   #2

Liked: 187 times
Johns65's latest status update: Florida was fun but I'm heading back to NY!! Home sweet home :)

Hello! My name is John and I have a 65 1/2 black on black on black convertible pony. It's in need of a complete restoration though, which I will eventually get to! No pics as of now.
Johns65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #3

Liked: 686 times
Mike65's Pictures Mike65's Garage
Mike65's latest status update: Getting ready to start rewiring the 69 Coupe.

Hi my name is Mike, I have a 1969 Coupe awaiting a full restoration. It is currently a bare shell. My wife has a 1965 2+2 Fastback undergoing a slow restoration. Currently undergoing sheet metal repair/replacement phase. When the weather is nice & I am off work I can usually be found in my barn/woodworking shop building something, or working on one of the Mustangs.
1969 Coupe (project)
2008 Escape XLT (spare vehicle)
March 2014 MOTM winner
Mike65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #4
Classic Mustang Guru

ponyboy289's Pictures
ponyboy289's latest status update: Carlisle was a blast as always.I spent 4 days their and I still didn't have enough time...

Hey Guys,
Projects,My favorite kind of cars.

John,When you say full resto is the car running and driving? I assume it needs rust work? You're in Westchester,We're practically neighbors.If you ever want to pick my brain on your car please let me know I've done a ton of resto work on early stangs ,Especially convertibles i.e. Floors,Inner rockers,Torque boxes,quarter panels,etc. I've got tons of free advice and I've also been known to lend a hand,parts,etc.65 1/2 ? Did you mean 64 1/2? Please post pics when you get a chance.

Mike, I like both of your cars as well If you want to Tell me more about them I'm all ears. I'm not sure where you are at with your 69 or how far you are from Westchester,But just to throw this out there.I have some new and used parts for a 69 coupe/Convertible(quarter skins,tinted glass,9 inch rear,etc. )That I will gladly trade or sell (for a chunk less than I paid)Like I said I have these and They would look alot better in someone elses basement.LOL
Old 03-06-2009   #5

Liked: 686 times
Mike65's Pictures Mike65's Garage
Mike65's latest status update: Getting ready to start rewiring the 69 Coupe.
Default My cars

ponyboy289,
The 69 Coupe is my car & has been stripped to a bare shell & is awaiting restoration. I would be VERY interested in parts for a 69 Coupe. It will need lower quater panels on both sides, tail light panel, & l/s floor all replaced. The 69 will be a modified 302 w/5spd & 3.79 rear gears. (I already have a 9" rear for it) I am going to paint it chrome yellow w/Mach - 1 front spoiler, hood scoop & the twist hood locks. It will have the deluxe Mach - 1 interior in black.
The 65 2+2 Fastback is my wifes car & is currently in the sheet metal repair/replacement phase of the restoration. The 65 will be a GT-350 clone but will be painted grabber green from a 71 Mach - 1, w/black Shelby stripes. The interior is the pony interior in black w/70 Mach - 1 high back buckets. It will also be a modified 302 w/5spd & 3.50 rear gears. It all depends on the cash flow right now as we are trying to sell our house, so the work is going slow right now.
1969 Coupe (project)
2008 Escape XLT (spare vehicle)
March 2014 MOTM winner
Mike65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #6

Hi Guys,
My husband bought me a 64 1/2 for our 10th anniversary. I always wanted a classic 'Stang. It is original but does need some work. Hopefully in the next few months my husband and a friend will work on it and have her up and running by the Road Knights in Peekskill.
mjmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #7
Founder / Admin

Liked: 2060 times
NYM Trader: 8
MineralGray02K's latest status update: Almost done importing all old status, likes and comments into the new NYM platform. There...

That's great!! Congrats, I look forward to seeing you @ Road Knights this year. That's always one of my favorite shows.

You should also create a thread in the 'New Member Introductions' section and introduce yourself there!
MineralGray02K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #8

Thanks. Can't wait either. If I am not there with my Mustang hopefully my husband will be with his Chevy.
Old 03-11-2009   #9
Classic Mustang Guru

ponyboy289's Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike65 View Post
ponyboy289,
The 69 Coupe is my car & has been stripped to a bare shell & is awaiting restoration. I would be VERY interested in parts for a 69 Coupe. It will need lower quater panels on both sides, tail light panel, & l/s floor all replaced. The 69 will be a modified 302 w/5spd & 3.79 rear gears. (I already have a 9" rear for it) I am going to paint it chrome yellow w/Mach - 1 front spoiler, hood scoop & the twist hood locks. It will have the deluxe Mach - 1 interior in black.
The 65 2+2 Fastback is my wifes car & is currently in the sheet metal repair/replacement phase of the restoration. The 65 will be a GT-350 clone but will be painted grabber green from a 71 Mach - 1, w/black Shelby stripes. The interior is the pony interior in black w/70 Mach - 1 high back buckets. It will also be a modified 302 w/5spd & 3.50 rear gears. It all depends on the cash flow right now as we are trying to sell our house, so the work is going slow right now.

Mike I don't think we're suppossed to discuss sales in the open threads? If that's the case Pm me and we can go from there.I am very receptive to letting this stuff go(the 69 parts) cheap (relative to what I paid)I'm also possibly interested in trades?If that works for you.
Old 03-11-2009   #10
Classic Mustang Guru

ponyboy289's Pictures

Hey MjMustang,
Welcome to the forum. 64 1/2 ,Peekskill area,Husband has a Chevy (white ElCamino ?) I think I know you?
Old 03-11-2009   #11
Founder / Admin

Liked: 2060 times
NYM Trader: 8
MineralGray02K's latest status update: Almost done importing all old status, likes and comments into the new NYM platform. There...

Feel free to discuss sales on open threads if you want, although it may be easier through PM though.
MineralGray02K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy289 View Post
Hey MjMustang,
Welcome to the forum. 64 1/2 ,Peekskill area,Husband has a Chevy (white ElCamino ?) I think I know you?
Yes sir that would be us! So if I am correct, my husband has ordered parts from you? He is going to put the Camino in storage and his co-worker who does body work and he will be working on the Stang for me starting this spring. Oh and he had let me drive it a few times around the block.LOL My car and he is more obsessed with it than I am. LOL
Old 03-11-2009   #13
Classic Mustang Guru

ponyboy289's Pictures

You are correct,It's me,Malcolm.It's a pretty small world with these classic Mustangs especially in our area.I'm glad you got to drive the car,You should drive it regardless of whether you get it painted it or not this year.Unrestored cars are more fun.You don't have to worry as much when you do drive them.I hope to see your car driving around.Please tell Bob I said hello,and if he needs any help,advice,etc. with the car Let me know.
Old 03-11-2009   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy289 View Post
You are correct,It's me,Malcolm.It's a pretty small world with these classic Mustangs especially in our area.I'm glad you got to drive the car,You should drive it regardless of whether you get it painted it or not this year.Unrestored cars are more fun.You don't have to worry as much when you do drive them.I hope to see your car driving around.Please tell Bob I said hello,and if he needs any help,advice,etc. with the car Let me know.
I thought it was you Malcolm when you knew the color of Bob's El Camino and what type of Chevy he had. I saw him on the route a few minutes ago. He said he was planning on contacting you soon so he will definately seek your advice, help, etc. I can't wait until it is nicer to be able to get that baby out.
Old 03-11-2009   #15
Classic Mustang Guru

ponyboy289's Pictures

I can't wait until it is nicer to be able to get that baby out.[/QUOTE]

I hear you,I am completely done with winter,myself.