New York Mustang Club

New York Mustangs - Forums » General Talk » Upcoming Events » 2016 Mustang Rally Finger Lakes

Like Tree77Likes

Old 08-06-2017   #121
Formally 94LT1Z

Liked: 759 times
NYM Trader: 1
Captain Chris's Pictures
Captain Chris's latest status update: As of last Wednesday, Cobra is all waxed and put away for the winter. Earlier than...
Default Re: 2016 Mustang Rally Finger Lakes

Had a great time at the show! Very sad to hear though that next year will be the last Mustang Rally unless someone decides to take over. I've made some great friends through these events. Maybe NYM can take over? I will post my pics once I upload them.
2003 Mustang SVT Cobra #109
2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe - DD
Captain Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017   #122
Western NY Co-Coordinator

Liked: 1144 times
NYM Trader: 4
redlawyers's Pictures
redlawyers's latest status update: Cars and Coffee at Pasteiner's Auto Zone Hobbies in Birmingham, MI was amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chris View Post
Had a great time at the show! Very sad to hear though that next year will be the last Mustang Rally unless someone decides to take over. I've made some great friends through these events. Maybe NYM can take over?
Chris, I'd hate to see this event disappear.

It was once a NYM event that was handled by dedicated people. Lately, with the loss of interest on the site, and slow communication with some of the folks who have branched off to more local clubs, something like this car show and parade could fall by the wayside. I would really hate to see that happen.

Granted, not having Watkins Glen racetrack available put a damper on some of the peoples' interest, but it's still a fun Saturday cruise, show and parade of Mustangs.

Maybe if a couple of people could work together, they might be able to keep it going? IDK
adkmach1 and Captain Chris like this.

redlawyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017   #123
Formally 94LT1Z

Liked: 759 times
NYM Trader: 1
Captain Chris's Pictures
Captain Chris's latest status update: As of last Wednesday, Cobra is all waxed and put away for the winter. Earlier than...

Yeah I loved the track and it's too bad that's not part of the event anymore. I think that definitely drew a lot of people and when they removed that, the interest and attendance for this event dropped. It's tempting to go to the track day though for the 6 laps. Do you know what day they close the track for NASCAR now? Not sure if an earlier day in the week would work for the track and then just make a couple more events (maybe a cruise or cruise-in, boat ride?) during the week after the track till the car show? People wanna drive their cars.

EDIT: Found this.. http://www.theglen.com/Guest-Info/Drive-The-Glen.aspx
adkmach1 and redlawyers like this.
2003 Mustang SVT Cobra #109
2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe - DD

Last edited by Captain Chris; 08-07-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Captain Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017   #124

Liked: 123 times
mustangted's Pictures
mustangted's latest status update: not sure why I brother coming here, 99 prevent of posts have norhing to do with mustanfs

i believe nascar closesit A WEEK BEFORE THE RACE
mustangted is online now   Reply With Quote